Marin Academy Research Collaborative
Marin Academy supports student interests in many ways. Our research program allows students to follow interests and questions in a manner that fosters independence and healthy risk taking while offering support along the way.
- My child is interested in science. Should they consider the MARC program?
- Which student types perform best in this program?
- When can a student begin participating in the MARC program?
- What should a 10th grader who is preparing to enter the MARC program in 11th grade expect within the first few months of the program and throughout the next two years?
- What are the 11th grade course objectives?
- What are the 12th grade course objectives?
- What does collaboration look like in the MARC program?
- Does my child need to double in science to participate in the MARC Program?
- Is this program widely recognized by college admission boards?
- In which disciplines can a student complete research?
- Is my child required to work in a research facility during the summer between their junior and senior year?
- How does enrollment in the MARC program affect my child’s ability to participate in semester abroad programs, co-curricular activities, or work after school?
- If my child has additional questions about the MARC program, how can they get more information?
The MARC program seeks to inspire a passion for research and discovery and promote enthusiasm, exploration and academic excellence in an evolving global and scientific/technological community.
- Connect with the local scientific community
- Develop mastery in a chosen field
- Think critically
- Communicate effectively
- Develop professional skills necessary for a successful scientific career
- Use innovative technology
- Take academic risks
- Make new discoveries