Since February 2014 MA's Alumni Board has been coming together on a quarterly basis to advise and guide Marin Academy's Alumni Program. These conversations are exciting, generative, and reinforce the notion that the long-term success of MA's alumni program hinges on alumni participation, dedicated involvement, and ownership. We are excited to have members join our meetings from cities across the country and representing a wide range of graduation years.
The Alumni Board will:
- Provide guidance and feedback to Marin Academy via the Director of Alumni Relations and the Office of Advancement.
- Support and promote programs and events.
- Serve as the voice of the alumni to the MA community.
- Grow and promote connections between alumni and MA’s current students.
- Be the first to know about Marin Academy events, initiatives, and programs.
We would love to have you join us. The goals and expectations are as follows:
- Attend (in person or virtually) all Alumni Board meetings (4-6 per year including a one-day retreat in early fall)
- Participate in Board conversations/tasks between meetings as necessary.
- Attend as many Alumni events as possible.
- At least one per year. (Don’t see an event that interests you? Let’s brainstorm some ideas and plan one together!)
- Ongoing social media participation.
- Promote Alumni events via personal networks (emails, Facebook, etc.) regardless of your ability to attend.
- Share a post, comment on a photo, or initiate a discussion on Facebook or LinkedIn… your participation will serve as a great model to the general alumni community.
- Make a gift to the annual fund. (No gift is too small, but we expect that you will serve as a model of participation.)
If you are interested in learning more and/or joining us, please email Rebecca
in our Alumni Office.