Volunteering is a great way to support your school, stay informed about what is going on at MA, and make connections with other parents.
The 2019-2020 online volunteer sign-up form is available now.
See the volunteer job descriptions here.
See the committee chair job descriptions here.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the MAPA VP for Volunteers Annie Wooster
MAPA (Marin Academy Parents Association) is a parent volunteer organization. Thousands of hours of time and talent are committed to Marin Academy every year by parents. In dedicating our time and working together, we help enhance school life. Opportunities are open for every parent to be involved due to the diversity of activities and functions that we sponsor and support. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the VP of volunteer management at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few of the many ways in which you can be involved. You can sign up to help at these events and others by filling out the online volunteer sign up form
. Volunteer requests from last year are not carried over, so please fill out a form for the 2018-2019 school year.
- If your child participates in a sports activity, you may want to help with the Athletic Banquet or Boosters BBQ.
- If you'd like to support our graduating students, you can help at events like Grad Night, Graduation Reception, or the Senior/Faculty Luncheon.
- If you'd like to interact with students on campus, you can sign up to serve class treats or help sell Spirit Wear.
- You can help the Advancement Office with events such as Market Night, the New Parent Dinner, and Grandparents and Special Friends Day.
- If you'd like to share your enthusiasm about MA with prospective families, you can help the Admissions Office with open houses, tours, mailings, and Welcome Day.
- You can help promote fellowship of the MA parent community by volunteering at a parent-only class party or joining the Parent Outreach committee.
- If you love to cook, you can help provide food to the faculty at faculty/staff appreciation events, to parents at MAPA events, or to students on treat days.
- You may want to help with sustainability efforts by tending MA's wonderful garden, or providing green products to MAPA events.
- If you are a working parent, you may want to make phone calls for the Annual Fund, work an Open House, or support graduation activities, all of which take place outside of school hours.
- Perhaps you have other special skills in photography, video, accounting, art, psychology, or anything else—we'd love to hear from you and find the best way for you to share your talents with the MA community.
We welcome any commitment that volunteers are willing to give, and gratefully acknowledge all the parent efforts that have gone into supporting the MA community!