Applying to Marin Academy begins by creating an account on Ravenna, our web-based application site.
When you are on your dashboard, click on the “Apply to a school” button, which will lead you to the School Directory. Once there, search for Marin Academy, and click on the “Apply” button. (Don't worry—clicking on the "Apply" button doesn't force you to complete the application, but it allows you to register for admissions events.)
Once you decide you would like to apply to Marin Academy, log into your Ravenna-hub account, and click on your Marin Academy Application page to begin the application steps which are listed below.
- Submit all four Application Forms which include:
- The Marin Academy Preliminary Application Form
- Common Student Activity & Interest Form*
- The Marin Academy Parent/Guardian Application Form
The Marin Academy Student Application Form
- Submit three Recommendations(from your CURRENT Math and English Teachers and your Counselor or Principal).*
- Submit Transcripts of your Middle School grades. (If you attended more than one school please ensure that you submit grades from all schools attended.)
- Submit a copy of an Analytical Essay you completed during your current school year. (Please ensure that the essay includes teacher comments and a grade.)
Optional Application Steps:
- Complete an Interview or a Design Workshop Experience. (Please choose only one experience.)
Submit Standardized Test scores (SSAT, ISEE, or HSPT).
Submit Math and/or English Recommendations from your seventh-grade teacher(s).*
Submit a Performing or Visual Arts portfolio.
- Participate in the CHARACTER SKILLS SNAPSHOT.
*Bay Area Ravenna Schools Common Forms
Marin Academy Admissions Office
1600 Mission Avenue
San Rafael, CA 94901
If your needs are more immediate, please contact the Admissions Office by phone at (415) 453-2808
Apply for Tuition Assistance
The MA SSS School Code is 4852