Applying to Marin Academy begins by creating an account on Ravenna, our web-based application site.
If you haven’t already done so, create an account in Ravenna, and complete a student profile.
When you are on your dashboard, click on the “Apply to a school” button, which will lead you to the School Directory. Once there, search for Marin Academy, and click on the “Apply” button. (Don't worry—clicking on the "Apply" button doesn't force you to complete the application, but it allows you to register for admissions events.) Students have a myriad of opportunities to share their many skills and talents through our comprehensive application process. We look forward to getting to know you!
Once you decide you would like to apply to Marin Academy, log into your Ravenna account, and click on your Marin Academy Application page to begin the application steps which are listed below.
- Submit all four Application Forms which include:
- The Marin Academy Preliminary Application Form
- Common Student Activity & Interest Form*
- The Marin Academy Parent/Guardian Application Form
The Marin Academy Student Application Form
- Submit three Recommendations(from your CURRENT Math and English Teachers and your Counselor or Principal).*
- Submit Transcripts of your Middle School grades. (If you attended more than one school please ensure that you submit grades from all schools attended.)
- Submit a copy of an Analytical Essay you completed during your current school year. (Please ensure that the essay includes teacher comments and a grade.)
- Submit the Analytical Essay Reflection Form.
Complete an Interview. We offer three distinct interview styles: a traditional 1:1 interview with a member of the MA community, and two unique collaborative options - the Design Workshop Experience and the Passage Reading Experience. Transfer students have the option to submit a video interview rather than a live in person interview. (Please choose only one interview option.)
January 12, 2023: Completed Application Deadline. Please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an application fee waiver.
January 12, 2023: Tuition Assistance Application Deadline. Please visit School and Student Services (SSS) for more information.
February 15, 2023: Tax forms for the year 2022 are due.
March 17, 2023: Admissions Decisions will be posted on Ravenna at 4:00 p.m.
March 20-22, 2023: Optional Revisit Week for admitted students.
March 23, 2023: Deadline to accept Tuition Assistance Awards and contract. Due at 12:00 p.m.
March 24, 2023: Deadline for all enrollment contracts. Due at 12:00 p.m.
May 6, 2023: New Student Welcome Day
Apply for Tuition Assistance
The MA SSS School Code is 4852
Marin Academy Admissions Office
1600 Mission Avenue
San Rafael, CA 94901
If your needs are more immediate, please contact the Admissions Office by phone at 415-453-2808.